What happens if you accidentally swallow plastic piece …

  • Save up to 80% on your next printer ink cartridges!

    CompAndSave.com features an extensive collection of discounted ink refill cartridges. Shop and save now!

    Depending on the size of the plastic piece you swallowed. If it is pill-size small, it will glide down your throat easily, then you don’t have to worry much. In a couple of hours you will pass it out with faeces. But for plastic objects as big as a dental prosthesis or other objects about it size which are common swallowed by accident when eating and not chewing properly, it causes choking, sour throat, painful swallowing, pain in the chest or abdomen, etc. Immediately it occurs, it is best to take 5 – 8 spoon full of any cooking oil to help reduce the friction causing the discomfort you may be experiencing at the time and enable the object to flow freely down your system. You will feel a lot better. Do not attempt to induce vomit as it cause adverse choking and pains in your throat.

    Nothing to worry if it was small piece.If entered your stomach it will pass along with faeces.

    It could have been problem if it was stucked in your thorat.This can cause breathlessness,dysphagia,or trauma to esophagus.

    So it all depends on size.If it was too small,and you are not facing any prob currently then you need not to worry.

    Just eat some bananas for 2-3 days,that will make it come out with stools.

    And consult doctor if you face any problem.

    ·

    View upvotes

    · Answer requested by

    3 toxic foods for dogs. One meat you should never feed your dog.

    Depends on the nature, size and shape of the swallowed object. Plastic material per se doesn’t cause much of a problem but its size matters. If it is smooth and small, there is often a chance of passage by itself. But the patient is closely observed. Most often it passes off per via naturalis ( anal route) in a day or two. If the object is sharp, well, damage may occur. In recent times, such objects, most often partial dentures and coins, are retrieved endoscopically.

    Edit: Last week we had a 64 years old post kidney transplant lady with anaemia and severe diabetes. She had swallowed her partial denture. It was found stuck in the oesophagus( Food pipe). My colleague with 40 years of endoscopic experience tried hard for > 2 hours to extract it endoscopically but failed.

    The only option left was surgery. And oesophageal surgery is not to be taken lightly. A decision was taken and the denture was pushed into the stomach by a rigid oesophagoscope. Then we laparoscopically opened the stomach and retrieved the denture.

    You should consult a surgeon or a gastroenterologist in the case of swallowing any FB. The latter has the expertise in endoscopic retrieval failing which the surgeon takes over to operate. Its an expert job based on lots of experience. Not be taken lightly.

    Depends on the size and if there are any sharp edges.

    Anything small with rounded edges will come out with fecal matter. Something big or sharp may cause injury or may have risk of getting stuck.

    Small or big, if it entered your respiratory passage, it is definitely a problem and needs urgent attention.

    ·

    View upvotes

    · Answer requested by

    Nothing as you eat plastic every time you brush your teeth since it is used as the abrasive in many toothpastes. it is also in the facial soaps with exfoliators in them (although less likely to be consumed surely some are inadvertently ingested)

    No worry unless you are consuming the entire plastic bottles and not just parts of the cap.

    Dr D

    This answer is not a substitute for professional medical advice.…

    ·

    View upvotes

    ·

    Paying full price on Amazon is so 2020 — do this in 2021.

    The secret to shopping Amazon like a pro.

    Clearly, everything will work out in the end.

    ·

    View upvotes

    ·

    L ANSWER

    If the item causes breathing problems, emergency medical care is required. The American Family Physician says the doctor may attempt to remove the object or push it through to the stomach, depending on its size and location. Locating the object sometimes requires use of X-ray. Doctors sometimes perform a series of X-rays to ensure the object is moving through the system without causing harm.While most objects cause no symptoms at all, eMedicineHealth indicates the texture of an item sometimes causes bleeding. Some swallowed items cause immediate choking or vomiting. If the item lodges in the throat, the individual sometimes experiences symptoms that include pain in the chest, pain when swallowing or drooling. If a child refuses to eat, has blood in the vomit or stool or suffers malnutrition and weight loss after swallowing plastic, medical care is http://advisable.In young children, swallowing plastic is often a part of natural curiosity. In teens and adults, swallowing plastic is often an attention-seeking behavior, according to eMedicineHealth.

    Since you are posting this question, let us assume that you either did not actually swallow a plastic but are speculating on the effects if you do.

    If that is the case, better not to try since that could be dangerous and you may end up in ER or even die by choking.

    The second scenario is that, you swallowed a small piece of plastic and did not choke. If so, congratulations for being lucky and being protected by your guardian angel. It should normally pass off in stool if it is very small or it may block your intestine and you may need surgery to get that removed.

    ·

    View upvotes

    ·

    If they are really small pieces then they should be kicked out of the body in the next few days.

    Incase they are like plastic fibers or strands then its good to consult a gastroenterologist.

    ·

    View upvotes

    ·

    Generally speaking the first reaction should be if the person is choking thats the most immediate danger

    Then the other concern is the chemicals in the plastic , and the hygiene

    But generally speaking these kind of things are removed with a endoscope equipmented with a grabber to remove the foreign body and in this case plastic

    ·

    View upvotes

    ·

    I don’t think that anything would happen if you drank it. However it is not advised to eat plastic as its chemicals are harmful to the human body. If it was such a small amount like a cap then nothing should happen. That’s if you swallowed it accidentally. Any larger quantities then you should she an urgent care or an ER.

    ·

    View upvotes

    ·

Buy CBD Oil Colorado