- Cole Sprouse shared an Instagram story slamming people who leaked his personal information, attacked his friends, and sent death threats after rumors circulated suggesting he was cheating on Lili Reinhart with model Kaia Gerber.
- Sprouse and Reinhart are famously private about their relationship. They are not quarantining together, with Sprouse in LA and Reinhart in Vancouver.
- After photos were released that implied Sprouse and Gerber were isolating together, Sprouse took to Instagram to defend himself against the “baseless accusations.”
- Sprouse wrote: “It’s clear my restraint in updating them has allowed them to push their own agenda onto my habits and lifestyle.”
- He added: “But attacking my friends, baseless accusations, leaking my address, and sending death threats are all qualities of insanity and fanaticism.”
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Cole Sprouse responded to rumors of him cheating on Lili Reinhart with model Kaia Gerber by posting a series of Instagram stories slamming fanatics who leaked his personal information and sent death threats.
In the first of three posts, Sprouse wrote: “I tolerate a lot of rumors and slander from people online claiming to be my fans. Fans who feel entitled to my privacy precisely because I never indulge them.
“But attacking my friends, baseless accusations, leaking my address, and sending death threats are all qualities of insanity and fanaticism. Choose humanity. Stop being [clown emoji].”
Sprouse continued in his second post, writing that these things were “foreseeable consequences” of dating someone in the public eye, referencing his relationship with his “Riverdale” costar Reinhart.
“And while I truly never intended to indulge any part of my private life to the ravenous horde, it’s clear my restraint in updating them has allowed them to push their own agenda onto my habits and lifestyle.”
In Sprouse’ third and final post, Sprouse concluded by writing: “So in conclusion, please eat my delectable plump ass. (making me post a goddamn white font Insta story like a twice divorced mother of three).”
Sprouse and Reinhart are famously private about their relationship. They first began dating in 2016, but have faced breakup rumors fairly consistently since then. However, in Allure’s February cover story of Reinhart, Sprouse was referred to as her boyfriend.
Despite this, Sprouse and Reinhart are not quarantining together, with Sprouse in LA and Reinhart in Vancouver.
Fans noticed that Reinhart has deleted several Instagram posts of her and Sprouse, and that her mother and sister unfollowed him on the platform, sparking rumors of a split.
Meanwhile, fans suspected Sprouse was hanging out with Gerber after they shared photos that appeared to be taken in the same place.
Reinhart spoke out against the rumors in a now-deleted tweet, writing: “Twitter is actually the most toxic form of social media. People are assholes for the sake of being assholes. Do you not understand karma? It’s fine if you don’t, you’ll understand when it bites your miserable ass.”
Meanwhile, a source close to the couple told E! that Reinhart and Sprouse are in quarantine separately, but are still together.
“Their relationship is always up and down but they do talk every day and care very much about one another. Lili and Cole have been trying to be more low-key,” the source said. The source added that “the photos of Kaia at Cole’s house are old. Cole and Kaia are just friends and have never been romantic.”